Recorded Webinar on How to Submit Behavioral Health Claims
Listen to our recorded webinar with tips on how to help avoid delays in the processing of your claims that may apply to your submissions.
What's covered in our webinar
- Member IDs on the claim must be nine digits only – Enter the 9-digit member ID as it appears on the memberís UniCare State Indemnity Plan ID card. Do not add any suffixes to this ID number.
- Use standard coding practices, including modifiers – For example, if you need to bill for both group and individual counseling on the same day, use modifier 59 for the second service. Otherwise, one of the services will be denied in accordance with standard claims editing protocols. In addition, appropriate license-level modifiers (e.g., HO, HN) are required when submitting claims for therapy services.
- Include the rendering provider on the claim – For professional claims (e.g., Form 1500s), providers who belong to a group or facility must supply both the TIN of the group or facility and the NPI number of the rendering provider. The claim will be rejected if the rendering provider identification is not included.
- Use correct diagnosis pointers on the claim form – On many claim forms, diagnosis codes are entered in an alphabetically-numbered list (A, B, C, D). When entering diagnosis pointers elsewhere in the form, be sure to reference the list letter of the diagnosis. Claims may get rejected if the diagnosis pointers are entered as numbers.
About filing claims
All behavioral health claims must be submitted to UniCare. Beacon Health Options will reject any claims for services on or after July 1, 2018 for UniCare members.
- Electronic claims can be submitted through your existing clearinghouse or through Availity. The
correct electronic Payor ID number for UniCare is 80314.
- Submit paper claims to:
UniCare State Indemnity Plan
Andover, MA 01810-0916
- Get more information about filing claims
- Contact UniCare directly at 800-442-9300 if you have questions about how to file claims.