February 4 Webinar on How to Submit Behavioral Health Claims
Attend our webinar on February 4, 2019
UniCare will be offering two sessions of a webinar on February 4 that will cover tips on how to help avoid delays in the processing of your claims that may apply to your submissions.
Because webinar space is limited, you can listen to the
recorded webinar if you’re unable to attend the live webinar.
To confirm your reservation and receive an Outlook invitation, email Paulette Ricciardone at
To join a webinar directly, use the Skype link at least five minutes before the scheduled start time.
Here’s a summary of what we’ll cover in our webinar
- Member IDs on the claim must be nine digits only – Enter the 9-digit member ID as it appears on the member’s UniCare State Indemnity Plan ID card. Do not add any suffixes to this ID number.
- Use standard coding practices, including modifiers – For example, if you need to bill for both group and individual counseling on the same day, use modifier 59 for the second service. Otherwise, one of the services will be denied in accordance with standard claims editing protocols. In addition, appropriate license-level modifiers (e.g., HO, HN) are required when submitting claims for therapy services.
- Include the rendering provider on the claim – For professional claims (e.g., Form 1500s), providers who belong to a group or facility must supply both the TIN of the group or facility and the NPI number of the rendering provider. The claim will be rejected if the rendering provider identification is not included.
- Use correct diagnosis pointers on the claim form – On many claim forms, diagnosis codes are entered in an alphabetically-numbered list (A, B, C, D). When entering diagnosis pointers elsewhere in the form, be sure to reference the list letter of the diagnosis. Claims may get rejected if the diagnosis pointers are entered as numbers.
About filing claims
All behavioral health claims must be submitted to UniCare. Beacon Health Options will reject any claims for services on or after July 1, 2018 for UniCare members.
- Electronic claims can be submitted through your existing clearinghouse or through Availity. The
correct electronic Payor ID number for UniCare is 80314.
- Submit paper claims to:
UniCare State Indemnity Plan
Andover, MA 01810-0916
- Information about filing claims is available on our website, at
- Contact UniCare directly at 800-442-9300 if you have questions about how to file claims.