A Smarter Way to Shop for Cost-Effective Health Care Services and Earn Cash Rewards
Helping you compare costs among Massachusetts providers
Vitals SmartShopperTM is a program to help our non-Medicare
members save money on out-of-pocket costs by comparing the costs of test and procedures with different Massachusetts providers. Members can earn
a cash reward of up to $500 when they shop for health care services and choose a cost-effective option.
Listen to a short video on how SmartShopper works and how it can benefit you.
As you probably know, different medical providers can charge different prices for the exact same test or procedure. SmartShopper
helps you be a savvy health care consumer by letting you:
- Compare the costs of many common tests and procedures with different medical providers in Massachusetts. (SmartShopper is not yet available
in other states.) You’ll see the overall cost and your maximum out-of-pocket costs (copays, deductible and coinsurance).
- Qualify for a cash reward of $25 to $500 if you choose a cost-effective option for some of these tests and procedures.
- Compare the cost of office visits with primary and specialty care providers in Massachusetts.
Using SmartShopper is easy
If your doctor recommends a certain medical procedure, service or test, contact SmartShopper before having the service.
You can reach SmartShopper in two ways:
- Online – Sign into your secure login and view a list of eligible medical services and the cost-effective options in your area.
- By phone at 866-285-7460 (toll free) – A SmartShopper customer service expert will tell you if the service is eligible for a reward, and, if so,
give you local options.
- You must shop before the medical services are performed to get the reward.
- Using SmartShopper will not change your health plan benefits or member costs (copays, coinsurance and deductible).
Go to the SmartShopper website and start shopping.